CBS Picks Up Rob Schneider Comedy to Series
The network sets a midseason bow for the project co-starring Cheech Marin.
After failing to get the nod in May, CBS has given series orders to the untitled Rob Schneider comedy.
The project, which is written and executive produced by Schneider, stars the former Saturday Night Live cast member as a confirmed bachelor who has just married into a tight-knit Mexican-American family. The comedy will join CBS' midseason lineup.
Lew Morton will executive produce and write alongside Schneider, with Eric and Kim Tannenbaum attached as nonwriting executive producers. John Schneider will serve as a nonwriting producer.
Jamie Widdoes directed the pilot of the project, from CBS Television Studios.
Cheech Marin, Lupe Ontiveros, Claudia Bassols, Eugenio Derbez, Diana Maria Riva and Ricky Rico round out the cast.
Since CBS passed on the comedy in May, the studio reshaped the project in June and recast several roles. The original cast included Tony Plana, Ontiveros, Nadine Velazquez, Derbez, Ada Maris and Juan Martinez.
The Schneider project continues CBS’ solid track record with reshooting pilots, having achieved success with The Big Bang Theory and Numbers.
The Schneider comedy joins The 2-2, the rookie police drama starring Leelee Sobieski from executive producers Robert Di Niro and Jane Rosenthal, on the network’s midseason lineup.
Email: Lesley.Goldberg@thr.com; Twitter: @Snoodit
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram