CBS Adds 'Surgeon General' Drama Pilot From 'Lie to Me' Creator
The medical drama becomes the seventh drama ordered this season at the network.
CBS is looking to tell a story about the top doc.
The network on Monday handed out a pilot order to The Surgeon General, a medical show centered on America's doctor -- the surgeon general of the United States.
The CBS Television Studios drama is written and executive produced by Samuel Baum, who created Fox's Lie to Me.
Surgeon General becomes the network's seventh drama pilot order this season, joining Toni Collette starrer Hostages, which revolves around a surgeon who is thrown into a political conspiracy, as well as an NCIS: L.A. spinoff and Beverly Hills Cop, among others.
Including Monday's order, the network is on par with last year, when it ordered eight comedies and eight drama pilots. More are expected to come at the network this season.
Baum is repped by CAA and Jackoway Tyerman.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR