'The Talk's' Holly Robinson Peete Lands 'Mike & Molly' Role
The actress will be returning to the network that fired her from its daytime talk show.
After being unceremoniously booted from its daytime talk show, The Talk, Holly Robinson Peete seems to have made good with the network as she’s returning in a scripted role.
A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Peete will appear on Mike & Molly in a multiple episode arc. She’ll play a love interest to Mike’s (Billy Gardell) partner on the police force, Carl (Reno Wilson), who’s romantically challenged.
Peete was one of the original hosts on The Talk’s freshman season, but the network didn’t renew her (or co-host Leah Remini’s) contract for Season 2 back in September. The decision has sparked ongoing protests from the show’s fans.
Before The Talk, Peete starred in several TV series, including Love, Inc., Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper, and 21 Jump Street. She also appeared on the third season of Celebrity Apprentice, finishing as the runner-up to winner Brett Michaels. The actress also launched the HollyRod Foundation, which provides support for families with autism.
Mike & Molly is currently airing its second season Mondays at 9:30 pm on CBS.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR