CBS Twitches Nose, Orders 'Bewitched' Script
Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher, the producers behind the 2005 Will Ferrell-Nicole Kidman film, are on board to produce.
CBS could be in the market for a Darrin.
The network has ordered a script from Sony Pictures Television for a potential remake of Bewitched.
Miss Congeniality scribe Marc Lawrence has been tapped to pen the script and executive produce. Husband-and-wife team of Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher – who produced the 2005 feature film starring Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman – will produce through their Red Wagon shingle.
The script order for Bewitched joins a growing number of classic TV series returning back to the small screen. ABC’s Charlie’s Angels – also from Sony Pictures Television -- will premiere in September, and CBS’ Hawaii Five-O returns for its second season in the fall.
Bewitched ran for eight seasons on ABC, from 1964 to 1972 and starred Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha, a witch who marries Darrin, a mortal (Dick York and later Dick Sargent), and attempts to become a typical suburban housewife.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws