CBS' 'Under the Dome' Adds 'Nashville,' 'Glee' Actors
Jolene Purdy and Nicholas Strong have joined the summer drama based on the book by Stephen King.
CBS' Under the Dome has added a pair to its rapidly growing cast.
Glee's Jolene Purdy and Nashville's Nicholas Srong have joined the cast of the summer drama based on the book by Stephen King, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The series follows residents in the Chester's Mill community as they deal with the postapocalyptic conditions that ensue when a strange barrier mysteriously encapsulates the town.
Purdy, who played tough-girl Ronnie in a handful of episodes of Fox's Glee, will play Dodee, a brilliant, eccentric engineer at the local radio station who uses her skills to make contact with the world outside the dome. Strong, who plays JT on the ABC freshman drama, will play Phil, a popular radio DJ and indie rock fan who's a charismatic figure with a dark secret. Both roles are series regulars.
They join the previously cast Britt Robertson (The Secret Circle), who willplay Angie, an attractive young waitress and aspiring nurse who has always dreamed of escaping Chester's Mill; and CSI: New York's Natalie Martinez as Deputy Linda, a young, ambitious deputy who is fiercely loyal to Sheriff Duke Perkins and runs a tight ship in the town. Newcomer Alex Koch will play Junior Rennie, the son of the local politician and car dealer who is a smart and deeply disturbed college freshman who is desperately in love with Angie. Jake and the Never Land Pirates' Colin Ford rounds out the gang thus far as casting on the drama continues.
CBS Television Studios will produce the drama, which was picked up straight to series, in association with Steven Spielberg's Amblin Television. Neal Baer (A Gifted Man, Law & Order: SVU), King, Justin Falvey, Darryl Frank, Stacey Snider and comic scribe Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Lost) -- who penned the Under the Dome television adaptation -- will serve as executive producers. Director Niels Arden Oplev (Unforgettable, Sweden's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) will direct the first episode.
Purdy, whose credits include Gigantic, 10 Things I Hate About You and Raising Hope, is repped by Buchwald Fortitude and Vanguard. Strong, who plays Scarlett and Gunnar's new pal on Nashville has also appeared in an episode of The Office, is with Coronel Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game