CCH Pounder Boards CBS' 'NCIS' New Orleans Spinoff
"The Shield" alum will play a medical examiner in the two-hour backdoor pilot.
It's been a busy day for CBS' New Orleans-set NCIS spinoff.
Set to air in the spring, the two-part planted pilot centers on the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans, with its rich setting of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave -- and with fun comes trouble.
Pounder will play Dr. Wade, the Jefferson Parish Medical Examiner, who is as eccentric as she is smart. The character is described as worldly, intuitive and incredibly connected to Louisiana. She joins a cast that includes McLellan and Bakula, who play special agents.
NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and star Mark Harmon will executive produce the spinoff, which will air as a two-part episode in the spring.
Pounder, whose credits include FX's Sons of Anarchy, Warehouse 13, Brothers and ER, is repped by Mitchell K. Stubbs & Associates.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)