CCH Pounder Boards CBS' 'NCIS' New Orleans Spinoff
"The Shield" alum will play a medical examiner in the two-hour backdoor pilot.
It's been a busy day for CBS' New Orleans-set NCIS spinoff.
Set to air in the spring, the two-part planted pilot centers on the NCIS New Orleans office, which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. New Orleans, with its rich setting of music, fun and debauchery is a magnet for military personnel on leave -- and with fun comes trouble.
Pounder will play Dr. Wade, the Jefferson Parish Medical Examiner, who is as eccentric as she is smart. The character is described as worldly, intuitive and incredibly connected to Louisiana. She joins a cast that includes McLellan and Bakula, who play special agents.
NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and star Mark Harmon will executive produce the spinoff, which will air as a two-part episode in the spring.
Pounder, whose credits include FX's Sons of Anarchy, Warehouse 13, Brothers and ER, is repped by Mitchell K. Stubbs & Associates.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!