Cee Lo Green Performs 'Forget You,' 'Bright Lights, Bigger City' on 'Today' (Video)
“The Voice” coach braved the New York City heat to tackle some of his biggest hits, including Gnarls Barkley’s “Crazy”.
With temperatures skyrocketing in the Big Apple, Cee Lo Green took the Today show stage in a crisp white outfit for an early morning performance.
STORY: MTV Video Music Awards: Nominees Tweet Their Excitement
Backed by an all-female band, Green commanded the stage with his live renditions of the Gnarls Barkley hit single “Crazy” and “Bright Lights, Bigger City” from his latest album, The Lady Killer. Green also delivered an obligatory “Forget You” performance, despite noticeably struggling with the high notes.
Green has signed on to return as a coach on NBC’s The Voice when it returns this Winter.
STORY: 'The Voice UK': Coach Speculation is Premature, Says BBC
“I love the freedom. I love the foresight. I love the future of it,” he said. “It’s really an endorsement of the underdog and that attitude. We are a majority, and I feel like I get to be an advocate of such a thing and it’s really pleasurable for me.”
Green also discussed his upcoming run in Las Vegas with Matt Lauer, as well as a crush on Royal sister-in-law, Pippa Middleton.
See videos of all three performances below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR