Woman Nearly Killed by Chimp Shows Off New Face on 'Today' (Video)
Charla Nash's eyelids, nose, lips and hands were ripped off in a freak attack in 2009.
Charla Nash, who was nearly killed by a chimp in 2009, showed off her new face on the Today show Thursday morning.
After having a full face transplant, she was still too weak to speak on cameras, so her daughter and husband talked with Ann Curry about how she could smell and taste again, and had her first solid meal since the freak attack two years ago.
A chimp owned by Nash's friend ripped off her lips, nose, eyelids and hands as well. Nash underwent a hand transplant, but they had to be removed after complications from pneumonia.
Nash hid under a veil when describing the attack to Oprah Winfrey in 2009.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR