Charles Shaughnessy Returning to 'Days of Our Lives' (Exclusive)
The former star of "The Nanny" will resurface in Salem and reprise his role as Shane Donovan starting May 2.
NBC's Days of Our Lives is bringing back another familiar face.
Charles Shaughnessy will reprise his role as Shane Donovan on the long-running NBC soap opera, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Shaughnessy played the ISA agent from 1984 to 1992 on Days, reprising his role in 2002 and again in 2010 with multi-episode arcs. He's scheduled to first appear during the May 2 episode when he returns to Salem to investigate a case for the ISA.
News of the actor's return to Days comes mere weeks before Lisa Rinna will reprise her role as Billie Reed on the NBC daytime staple. Rinna's return is scheduled for March 8.
Shaughnessy's credits include The Nanny and its spinoff, Life With Fran, as well as a stint on AMC's Mad Men. He's repped by Stone Manners and Affirmative Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR