February 16, 2012 4:22pm PT by THR staff
Charlie Sheen on Ashton Kutcher's 'Two and a Half Men:' 'I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck' (Video)
Charlie Sheen had nothing but unkind words for his former bosses after he was booted from CBS’s Two and a Half Men last year, but he remained publicly polite to replacement Ashton Kutcher.
That is no longer the case. In a phone call to TMZ Thursday, Sheen said he was tired of pretending the show and Kutcher don’t “suck.”
"It's nothing personal,” Sheen said. “I just feel bad for him. He's saddled with such bad writing."
The comments come two days after THR reported that lawyers for Two and a Half Men studio Warner Bros. had demanded Sheen stop using photos from the show to promote his upcoming FX series Anger Management. The move by Warners, which in September settled Sheen's $100 million wrongful termination lawsuit, apparently angered Sheen.
Previously, Sheen had been complimentary of Kutcher. Earlier this month, Sheen told THR Kutcher was doing his best with what Sheen considered subpar writing.
“There’s just nothing about it that’s fresh or interesting. I forget that it’s on the air,” Sheen said of the revamped show Thursday.
Kutcher’s first episode on Two and a Half Men drew nearly 28 million viewers last September, beating Sheen’s highest rated episode, which came in 2005, by nearly 4 million. Ratings have since declined, something Sheen has reveled in.
Monday’s episode drew just under 12.5 million viewers. During Sheen’s finals season, the show averaged 13.3 million viewers.
Warner Bros. declined to comment