• The Hollywood Reporter on LinkedIn
  • Follow THR on Pinterest
NOV
28
2 YEARS

Charlie Sheen Blames Chuck Lorre for Angus T. Jones' 'Emotional Tsunami' (Report)

The mercurial actor launches a new attack against the "Two and a Half Men" creator in response to his former co-star's viral video rant.

DOWN: Charlie Sheen

After calling Two and a Half Men "cursed" in reaction to the viral Angus T. Jones video testimonial for religious group the Forerunners Chronicles, Charlie Sheen has launched another verbal grenade at an old enemy: show creator Chuck Lorre.

"Obviously, not having been there for some time, the Angus T. Jones that I knew and still love is not the same guy I saw on YouTube yesterday," Sheen is quoted as telling TMZ

"I dare anyone to spend 10 years in the laugh-track that is Chuck Lorre's hive of oppression and not suffer some form of an emotional tsunami," he said of Jones.

Sheen, infamously ousted from Men last year following a public meltdown in which he lashed out at Lorre in the press, issued a statement to People on Tuesday, saying: "With Angus’ Hale-Bopp-like meltdown, it is radically clear to me that the show is cursed."

STORY: Angus T. Jones Apologies for 'Two and a Half Men' Slam

His remarks referenced the Heaven's Gate cult, whose 39 members killed themselves in 1997 in an effort to reach what they presumed to be an alien spacecraft following Comet Hale-Bopp.

Jones, 19, has quickly stirred up a Sheen-level media frenzy for a YouTube video in which the actor -- one of the highest-paid young stars in television -- was shown calling the comedy "filth," suggesting it was promoting the word of Satan and asking people to "please stop watching." The clip was released by Forerunner and featured the Christian group's controversial leader Christopher Hudson,  a Seventh-day Adventist who is anti-gay, anti-masturbation, anti-President Obama and anti-Jay-Z, among other things.

Sources told The Hollywood Reporter on Tuesday that Jones’ character, Jake, will not appear in the next two episodes being filmed, both of which slated to air next year, but that his absence is purely coincidental and has nothing to do with his Men-bashing commentary.

Jones, for his part, offered a mea culpa Tuesday night.

"I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed," he said in a statement. "I never intended that."

Twitter: @ErinLCarlson

Email: erin.carlson@thr.com