Charlie Sheen Breaks Silence on Selma Blair's Exit From 'Anger Management' (Video)
Following news that he fired the actress via a text in which he called her an expletive, Sheen puts a much different spin on her departure in an interview with Jay Leno.
Charlie Sheen is finally addressing Selma Blair's exit from his FX sitcom Anger Management.
Blair, who played Sheen's love interest on the show, was dismissed from the show by Sheen in June via a strongly worded text in which he called her a "c-nt," sources told The Hollywood Reporter at the time. The two had a falling-out after Blair questioned Sheen's work ethic on the series, which films two episodes per week and often finds Sheen with more than 40 pages of dialogue per script.
But Sheen -- who has remained mum on the shake-up -- put a much different spin on it during his interview with Jay Leno on Wednesday's The Tonight Show. He joked that he's been referring to the series as Anger Management 2.0 -- "the reboot."
"One of our primary characters, Selma Blair, who played Kate, was written out because [the show] was not about our relationship, and the problem was too many people were still excited about the Two and a Half [Men] character and thought the Anger Management character was a little dull," said Sheen, who was fired from CBS' Two and a Half Men two years ago after blasting showrunner Chuck Lorre.
"So, um, that is not the case anymore," he continued, referring to the perception that his therapist character was too boring. "Her character leaves, and I start circling the drain. So it's really fun to watch and hella fun to play."
Leno then jokingly asked what experiences Sheen -- who has made headlines for his drug and alcohol abuse -- drew from.
"It's a mystery," quipped Sheen. "It just falls out of the sky. It's amazing."
Meanwhile, Legally Blonde: The Musical's Laura Bell Bundy joined the show as Charlie's new sex-study research partner in the wake of Blair's exit. Brian Austin Green also was upped to regular in June.
The Tonight Show airs at 11:35 weeknights on NBC. Anger Management airs at 9:30 p.m. on Thursdays on FX.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game