Charlie Sheen Offers First Look at 'Anger Management' on 'Today'
A year after his public unraveling, the embattled former star of CBS' "Two and a Half Men" tells Matt Lauer that he "didn't recognize parts of who that guy was."
Charlie Sheen offered the first look at his upcoming FX comedy Anger Management and addressed his downward spiral during a Thursday visit to Today.
The embattled former star of Two and a Half Men told host Matt Lauer that he was planning to produce a documentary with all the footage he collected from last year's Torpedo of Truth Tour but ultimately opted against it.
"Ew, whoa, can't put that back out," he said of his erratic behavior after he was fired from CBS' Two and a Half Men. "It was a little cringeable; I didn't recognize parts of who that guy was."
There to promote his upcoming FX comedy series Anger Management, which premieres Thursday, June 28, Sheen says his plan now is to "reintroduce myself to America and the media and say, 'Sorry about that; here's what's happening now.'"
Sheen has been heavily involved in the series -- he has creative input into story lines and played a big role during the casting process -- the actor told Lauer after being asked if crew members look at him like a volcano just waiting to erupt that he addressed his behavior during the first day of filming on Anger.
"I don't remember what I said, but it got a big laugh," he said. "I couldn't have the Two and a Half thing be my television legacy; I couldn't have it end on that note. If this is going to be the swan song, it's going to be a beautiful experience and so far, eight days was more fun than eight years."
Sheen also had a light-hearted response to Men's casting of Kathy Bates to play the ghost of Charlie Harper, noting that he doesn't find the story line insulting in the slightest. "If that was s supposed to be an insult, they missed because I was honored," he says.
Check out two first-look images at Anger Management at the 4:54 mark in the clip below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game