Charlie Sheen-Less 'Two and a Half Men': What the Viewers Are Saying
Ashton Kutcher made his debut on Monday night's season premiere of the CBS comedy.
It's official: Charlie Harper is dead.
The character, formerly played by Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men, was killed off in Monday night's season premiere.
His cause of death? He was hit by a subway train.
"His body just exploded like a balloon full of meat," Rose (Melanie Lynskey), Charlie Harper's obsessed neighbor, said by way of explanation.
Sheen was fired in March after going on a public rant against his then-bosses, to be replaced two months later by Ashton Kutcher, who made his debut as heartbroken Internet billionaire Walden Schmidt on Monday's episode.
Viewers immediately took to Twitter to share their thoughts on the episode, with mixed reactions. Some opined that the show isn't the same without Sheen, while others were happy to see Kutcher join the cast.
Here is a sample of tweets:
Although Two and a Half Men isn't the same without Charlie Sheen, I think Ashton and Jon are off to great start! Hilarious season premiere!
Ya Tú Sabes
I miss Charlie Sheen on the show. No one is insulting Alan.
WTH! Two and a Half Men was absolutely Horrible. This thing WILL and SHOULD be cancelled ASAP!! Charlie Sheen IS the show. Won't watch again
my review of two and a half men is still good but not as good with charlie sheen
Here's the thing! I hated 2 1/2 men with Charlie Sheen
Gail Hogan Sweetness
Just finish watching Two and half Men....it was funny but only because of Alan...they should forgive Charlie Sheen and take him back
saw the new episode of two and a half men. i never saw the show before but i think #TAAHM will do just fine without charlie sheen.
Two and a half men was good. just waitin for this Charlie Sheen roast now
two and a half men will go down the drain without charlie sheen"
Alright this Charlie Sheen roast is off to a horribly, horribly unfunny start
Everyone knows this season of #TwoAndAHalfMen is just an elaborate Ashton Kutcher Punk'd prank.
Ashton Kutcher is an old cornflake soaked in mayonnaise that you find under an Ikea futon cushion.
Two and a half men!!! Love me some Ashton Kutcher!!! :)
Dan T Peters
Hey Ashton Kutcher what will the residuals be from Two and A Half Episodes? It's a horrible mess you just stepped in.
Demi Anne Deno
At least you're hot Ashton Kutcher. Just take off your clothes every episode and I'll be there.
The Awkward moment when you wait for Ashton Kutcher to Yell "You're on PUNKED" during #Twoandahalfmen
It's adorable when Ashton Kutcher tries to act. Like that puppy that couldn't roll over. I think it died.
not sure about the whole Ashton Kutcher take over
Two & a half men! Ahh. I love Ashton kutcher.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting