'Charlie's Angels' Adds Some Old Spice for Annie Ilonzeh
Isaiah Mustafa joins the upcoming ABC reboot as a former love interest for the Angel.
Former “Old Spice” guy Isaiah Mustafa will heat things up on ABC’s upcoming Charlie’s Angels reboot.
The former ad man/actor will play Ray Goodson, a detective whom Annie Ilonzeh’s Angel Kate Prince used to be engaged to, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
As first reported by TV Line, Mustafa will recur on the series as the detective whom former Miami cop Kate turns to when she’s in a pinch.
Executive producers Al Gough and Miles Millar said earlier this month that the back stories of the Angels (Ilonzeh, Minka Kelly and Rachael Taylor) – and Bosley (Ramon Rodriguez) – will be among the reboot’s key differences.
“The movies were 10 years ago and were like superhero movies for girls,” Millar noted. “What we wanted to bring to the table was making it more grounded, making them feel more real, giving them back stories; we gave them each a past.”
Mustafa’s credits, in addition to the Old Spice commercials, include Horrible Bosses, Madea’s Big Happy Family and a role in the upcoming feature adaptation of The Three Stooges. He’s repped by UTA.
Charlie’s Angels premieres Thursday, Sept. 22 on ABC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR