Chaz Bono: 'Dancing With the Stars' Controversy Not a Big Deal (Video)
"I really haven't been paying that much attention to it," he says on "Good Morning America" Tuesday.
Chaz Bono isn't fixated on the controversy over his casting on Dancing With the Stars.
"I really haven't been paying that much attention to it," Bono said on Good Morning America Tuesday. "I think it's a much bigger deal to everybody else than it is to me."
"I'm just a regular guy," he added. "All these ideas that children shouldn't watch me, I'm going to be confusing, all this stuff, it's crazy."
Bono -- who underwent gender reassignment surgery and legally changed his gender from female to male in 2010 -- was born Chastity to Cher and Sonny Bono.
OneMillionMoms.com has called for a boycott of the show, calling his casting, "completely unacceptable and Christians should not watch the show, no excuses!"
FoxNews.com ran a piece by Dr. Keith Ablow called, "Don't Let Your Kids Watch Chaz Bono On 'Dancing With the Stars."
Cher has been fervently defending her son, most recently posting on Twitter: "I'm So fkng Sick of these PEOPLE! A person doesn't Wake up oneMorn & say"I'm Bored,Think I'llChange My Sex & Expose Myself 2 Ridicule &Hate."
The next season premieres on Sept. 20.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR