Chelsea Kane Cast in ABC Family Pilot From 'Nine Lives of Chloe King' Producer
The actress joins the multicamera comedy project, which is scheduled to shoot the episode in December.
Former Dancing With the Stars competitor and Disney Channel star Chelsea Kane has been cast in a new ABC Family pilot.
From Dan Berendsen, the executive producer of The Nine Lives of Chloe King which aired on the cable network earlier this year, Kane joins the half-hour comedy Baby Daddy as Penny.
The multicamera project centers on Ben (Cameron Deane Stewart, Justice for Natalee Holloway), a guy in his twenties who becomes a father when a baby girl is left on his doorstep by an ex-girlfriend. He decides to raise the baby with the help of his mother, brother Danny (Derek Theler, 90210) and best friend Penny (Kane), who has a crush on him.
Baby Daddy is scheduled to film its pilot in front of a live studio audience in December in Los Angeles.
Kane, who will appear in the upcoming ABC Family musical telepic, Elixir (working title), previously competed on season 12 of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, placing third with partner Mark Ballas. She previously starred in Jonas, Fish Hooks and the Bratz movie.
Kane's casting follows after the network booked Broadway actress Sutton Foster in a lead role for Amy Sherman-Palladino's pilot Bunheads.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR