Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo Developing Comedy for ABC
Chase is teaming with his "National Lampoon's Vacation" co-star for a comedy project being developed for the 2015-16 season.
Chevy Chase could be making his TV comeback.
The former Community actor is working with his National Lampoon’s Vacation co-star Beverly D’Angelo and producer Aaron Kaplan on a comedy vehicle for ABC. The trio is in the early stages of development, and there is no writer, script or studio attached at this stage. The project will be in consideration for the 2015-16 season.
The news comes a week after Chase’s former network comedy returned to NBC's schedule with original showrunner and Chase sparring partner Dan Harmon back at the helm. Chase, who exited the NBC comedy during the show’s fourth season, made headlines on several occasions thanks to his public feud with Harmon, which included a leaked, profanity-laced voicemail to the showrunner, and reports that the actor used the N-word on set.
The ABC comedy project would mark an on-screen reunion for the veteran actors who played Clark and Ellen Griswold in the iconic film series. The duo is working on a Vacation reboot for the big screen as well.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10