'Chicago Code' Star Matt Lauria Books 'Burn Notice' Role
On the heels of Fox axing Shawn Ryan’s rookie police drama The Chicago Code, one of its stars has already booked a role on another show.
Matt Lauria, an alum of DirecTV/NBC’s Friday Night Lights as football player Luke Cafferty, has been cast as discharged soldier Ethan who has similarities to Michael (Jeffrey Donovan) in USA Network staple Burn Notice, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Lauria will appear in the fifth episode of the new season, which launches Thursday, June 23 at 9 p.m. as a lead-in to new series Suits.
His role, currently a guest starring stint, may be upped to recurring status. Now that Code will not be returning for a second season, that could be a strong possibility.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR