'Chicago Fire': 'Apollo 13' Alum to Play Jesse Spencer's Mother (Exclusive)
Kathleen Quinlan has boarded the NBC drama for a multiple-episode arc.
NBC's Chicago Fire is getting into some family drama.
The freshman drama from Dick Wolf has booked Apollo 13 Oscar nominee Kathleen Quinlan for a multiple-episode arc, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
The Wednesday night drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department stars Jesse Spencer as Lt. Matthew Casey, a member of the Truck 81 crew.
Quinlan will join the series as Spencer's mother.
The drama, which co-stars Taylor Kinney, recently earned a vote of confidence from NBC with an order for five additional scripts after posting a 20 percent uptick among adults 18-49.
Quinlan earned a best supporting actress Oscar nomination for her role as Marilyn Lovell opposite Tom Hanks in the 1995 feature Apollo 13. Repped by Buchwald/Fortitude, her small-screen credits also include Prison Break, The Event and an episode of Glee.
Chicago Fire airs Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR