'Chicago Fire' Snags Sarah Shahi as Love Interest
The "Fairly Legal" star will appear in multiple episodes on the NBC drama.
Sarah Shahi is headed to the Windy City.
The Fairly Legal star has booked a recurring role on NBC's firefighter drama from executive producer Dick Wolf, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Shahi will play Renee, a love interest for Lt. Kelly Severide (Taylor Kinney) in multiple episodes.
The actress, who has played mediator Kate Reed on Fairly Legal for two seasons, has already begun filming her arc in Chicago.
Shahi, who has appeared in NBC's Life and Showtime's The L Word, is the latest USA Network star to book a major role on a freshman broadcast series. Common Law star Warren Kole recently landed a recurring part on Fox's midseason serial killer drama, The Following.
NBC recently ordered additional scripts for Chicago Fire.
TV Guide first reported the news.
Chicago Fire airs 10 p.m. Wednesdays on NBC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR