'Childrens Hospital' Renewed for Fourth Season
Adult Swim orders an additional season of 14 episodes for 2012.
Adult Swim has renewed Childrens Hospital for a fourth season.
Production on 14 episodes of the one-time web series have been ordered, with production beginning later this year for broadcast in 2012.
Rob Corddry created and stars in the ensemble series as Blake Downs, a doctor who sports clown makeup and believes in the healing power of laughter over medicine. The series, which Adult Swim picked up last year, has gradually grown in episode orders from five to 12 and now 14 episodes.
Distributed by Warner Bros. Television and produced and written by Jonathan Stern and David Wain, Childrens co-stars Malin Akerman, Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Rob Huebel, Ken Marino, Megan Mullally and Henry Winkler.
“I’m very pleased and honored by this announcement,” Corddry said in a statement announcing the renewal Tuesday. “I’m also very surprised, given that I write this show when I’m very, very drunk. Season four promises to be a cry for help.”
The series has continued attract an all-star roster of guest stars, including Jon Hamm, Michael Cera and Nick Offerman, among several others.
Check out a clip featuring Corddry below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche