'Childrens' Hospital's' Rob Corddry to Star in ABC Comedy Pilot 'Spy'
He'll play a well-intentioned father in the remake of the British series of the same name from creator Simeon Goulden.
ABC has found its Spy guy.
Childrens' Hospital star Rob Corddry has been tapped to star in the ABC comedy pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the British series of the same name, Corddry will play Tim, a well-intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite who inadvertently takes a job at the secret service in order to prove himself a worthy father.
The half-hour single-camera comedy will be written by Simeon Goulden, creator of the Sky1 series on which the ABC effort is based. The British series, now in its second season, has been distributed stateside on Hulu. Jimmy Mulville and Helen Williams are on board to executive produce alongside Goulden, who will pen the pilot for ABC Studios and Hat Trick Productions.
In addition to writing and starring on Adult Swim's Childrens' Hospital, the WME, Principato-Young and Hansen Jacobson-repped comedian's credits also include Hot Tub Time Machine, episodes of Ben and Kate, Happy Endings and Community. He also a former Daily Show correspondent.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'