'Childrens' Hospital's' Rob Corddry to Star in ABC Comedy Pilot 'Spy'
He'll play a well-intentioned father in the remake of the British series of the same name from creator Simeon Goulden.
ABC has found its Spy guy.
Childrens' Hospital star Rob Corddry has been tapped to star in the ABC comedy pilot, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the British series of the same name, Corddry will play Tim, a well-intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, who also happens to be his complete opposite who inadvertently takes a job at the secret service in order to prove himself a worthy father.
The half-hour single-camera comedy will be written by Simeon Goulden, creator of the Sky1 series on which the ABC effort is based. The British series, now in its second season, has been distributed stateside on Hulu. Jimmy Mulville and Helen Williams are on board to executive produce alongside Goulden, who will pen the pilot for ABC Studios and Hat Trick Productions.
In addition to writing and starring on Adult Swim's Childrens' Hospital, the WME, Principato-Young and Hansen Jacobson-repped comedian's credits also include Hot Tub Time Machine, episodes of Ben and Kate, Happy Endings and Community. He also a former Daily Show correspondent.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR