Chris Christie Slow Jams the News on Fallon (Video)
The New Jersey governor responds, musically, to a Democratic lawsuit over his decision to call a special election to fill the late Frank Lautenberg's U.S. Senate seat.
Picking up the mike from President Obama, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is the latest politician to slow jam the news on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.
Wednesday night's performance featured Christie defending his controversial decision to call a special election in October to fill the late Frank Lautenberg's U.S. Senate seat. A Democratic lawsuit filed last week argues that the governor's actions would lead to voter confusion; Christie, a potential contender to run for president in 2016, has denied accusations that this was a political move to keep Newark Mayor Cory Booker (a media-friendly Democrat) off the ballot in the regular November election, when the Republican incumbent faces off against Democratic candidate Barbara Buono for another shot at the governor's office.
"This special election isn't about playing politics -- it's about doing the right thing," slow-jammed Christie, backed by Fallon and his funky house band, The Roots.
"You ain't lying CC," responded the late-night host, who riffed a bunch of nicknames for the politico including "Christie Kreme Donut." Behold:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR