Chris Cooper to Star in Discovery Channel's First Scripted Miniseries 'Klondike'
UPDATED: The Oscar winner will star in the cable network's upcoming project.
Oscar winner Chris Cooper will top-line Discovery Channel's first scripted miniseries, Klondike.
Klondike (working title), based on the Charlotte Gray novel Gold Diggers: Striking it Rich in the Klondike, tells the story of six strangers and their collective fight for survival and wealth in a small frontier town in the remote Klondike. Cooper will play Father Judge.
Klondike is a co-production between Discovery, Entertainment One (eOne) and Nomadic Pictures in association with Scott Free Television.
Paul Scheuring (Prison Break) will write and serve as executive producer along with Ridley Scott and David W. Zucker. eOne's John Morayniss and Michael Rosenberg and Nomadic's Mike Frislev and Chad Oakes will serve as co-EPs. Josh Goldin and Rachel Abramowitz will also serve as writers and consulting producers. Eileen O'Neill and Dolores Gavin are EPs for Discovery.
Production begins March in Alberta, Canada.
Repped by Untitled, Cooper won an Academy Award for 2002's Adaptation. He has starred in The Company You Keep, The Muppets, American Beauty and The Town. He recently top-lined the HBO pilot The Corrections.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR