Chris Klein to Play Top WME Agent in Fox Pilot Presentation (Exclusive)
The comedy is based on Nikki Joel's blog about her marriage to WME talent agent Brandt Joel.
Fox has found its Brandt Joel.
Wilfred's Chris Klein has been tapped to play a character based on the top WME talent agent in Fox's untitled Mark Wahlberg-Steve Levinson presentation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Based on Nikki Joel's tell-all blog LifestyleLemonaid.com about her outrageous marriage to Joel, Klein will play Brad opposite Breaking In's Erin Richards' Jackie.
The project, which landed at Fox with a pilot-presentation order in September after two years at HBO, centers on a thirtysomething mother, wife and friend. In the Fox adaptation, Brad is a 36-year-old who is described as feeling and acting like America's last real man. He's an ex-Navy man who still sports the crew cut and now works as a construction foreman. He's playful, can't hold his booze and adores his wife Jackie, even if she can be a handful.
Desperate Housewives' Jordon Nardino will pen the script and executive produce alongside Wahlberg, Levinson, Nikki Joel and Wayne Carmona, with production due to begin in mid-November for a Los Angeles shoot.
HBO will handle production on the comedy.
Klein, whose credits also include the American Pie franchise, is repped by ICM Partners, Brillstein and Sloane Offer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR