Chris Matthews Jokes About 'Killing O'Reilly' on 'Colbert Report' (Video)
The "Hardball" host reveals the book he's been waiting for.
Tell us how you really feel, Chris Matthews.
The Hardball host made a dark joke about Fox News talking head Bill O'Reilly during his Wednesday night appearance on The Colbert Report to promote his new book Tip and the Gipper: When Politics Worked.
When Colbert asked why he didn't call the book Killing Tip and the Gipper, a reference to O'Reilly's best-selling series of books: Killing Lincoln, Killing Kennedy and Killing Jesus, Matthews said, "When are we going to have the book we've really been waiting for: Killing O'Reilly? When's that coming out?"
After the audience booed, Colbert replied, "I'm not saying it wouldn't be a big seller, but it might be a little cry for help."
Daily Show host Jon Stewart made a similar joke on Monday night's episode of his show, in which he interviewed O'Reilly himself.
When O'Reilly asked how things were going with the movie he shot this summer, Rosewater, a film about a captured Iranian journalist, the Fox News host mistakenly characterized it as "a zombie movie for Netflix."
After looking down at his desk in dismay and sighing, Stewart said the film is actually titled, Killing O'Reilly.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game