'X Factor's' Chris Rene Signs With Epic Records
Label is also expected to ink deals with Marcus Canty and, perhaps, 15-year-old Astro.
Chris Rene is continuing his relationship with L.A. Reid.
The X Factor alum, who placed third in the reality competition’s inaugural season, has just inked a deal with Epic Records, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
Rene should be in good company at his new home, as the Reid-helmed label is expected to announce on Wednesday a deal with fourth place finisher Marcus Canty. Could Brian “Astro” Bradley, perhaps the competition’s most controversial contestant, be next? Speculation has swirled regarding the 15-year-old’s impending deal, which could find him at Epic or in the company of winner Melanie Amaro at Sony.
With the ink still drying on his contract, Santa Cruz-based rapper Rene will likely see between $150,000 and $500,000 from the label -- a respectable, but significantly smaller payout than Amaro’s $5 million deal with Sony.
As part of his Epic debut, Rene will record a new version of his self-penned audition song “Young Homie.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR