'The Voice's' Christina Aguilera on Her Quarterfinal Cut: 'I'm Very Emotionally Driven'
SPOILER ALERT: The pop star explains her reasoning for this week’s eliminations on the NBC competition.
Christina Aguilera faced her second tough decision this week on Tuesday’s The Voice results show.
The pop singer chose to save Lindsey Pavao over Ashley De La Rosa. Her fellow coaches didn’t seem to agree with that decision nor the one she made on Monday when she eliminated the very strong Jesse Campbell.
“Nobody knows our team more than us coaches ourselves and there's definitely rhyme and reason behind every single decision I make,” Christina defended herself after Tuesday’s show. “I'm very emotionally driven and I think that's what The Voice should be about.”
On Tuesday’s results show, Lindsey delivered a poignant performance of Mike Posner’s “Please Don’t Go” and then broke into tears at the end of the song. And that clearly moved her coach.
“Tonight, Lindsey brought me to tears,” Christina says. “And there was just no two ways around it. What was felt was felt. And it was real and it was honest and that's the best that I can do and what I always bring to the table as a coach. Love me, hate me, as a coach I think it's the only fair thing to these guys to be honest in the moment.”
When The Hollywood Reporter caught up with eliminated Ashley after the show, she was in good spirits and says she understands why her coach chose Lindsey over her.
“Emotion does go a long way,” Ashley tells THR. “Christina looks for that. I do think Lindsey’s emotion was really genuine and it wasn’t something that looked fake or anything. She really looked like she was having a hard time up there and she was getting really choked up. That made me sad, because Lindsey is my friend and I love her and I’m so happy she’s moving on in the competition. And I’m sure she would be happy if I would’ve moved on.”
Did you agree with Christina’s decision to cut Ashley? Tell us in the comments section below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game