Christina Ricci to Star in NBC Comedy 'Girlfriend in a Coma'
She'll play a woman who wakes up from a coma to find out she has a teenage daughter in the comedy from Liz Brixius and Dick Wolf.
Christina Ricci is heading to NBC.
The actress is near a deal to star in the network's comedy pilot Girlfriend in a Coma, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
From Nurse Jackie's Liz Brixius and Law & Order: SVU/Chicago Fire's Dick Wolf, the comedy revolves around Karen, who after almost two decades, wakes up from a coma to find out she has a 17-year-old daughter from a pregnancy she was unaware of when her life was put on hold.
Ricci will star as Karen in the single-camera comedy from Universal Television and Wolf Films. Brixius will pen the script and exec produce alongside Wolf, Danielle Gelber and Peter Jankowski.
Ricci most recently guest starred on CBS' The Good Wife. Last year, she starred on ABC's period drama Pan Am. Her small-screen credits also include Saving Grace and Grey's Anatomy, the latter of which earned her an Emmy nomination. On the big screen, she had roles in Speed Racer, Penelope and Monster.
She's repped by ICM Partners, Management 360 and Ziffren Brittenham.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR