Christine Lahti Nabs Female Lead in CBS' 'Beverly Hills Cop'
She'll play the captain of the Beverly Hills Police Department in the Shawn Ryan-Eddie Murphy update.
Christine Lahti is staying put at CBS.
The actress, who is recurring on the network's Hawaii Five-O, has landed the female lead in Beverly Hills Cop, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Described as a continuation of the movie franchise, the drama pilot from The Shield's Shawn Ryan centers on Aaron (Brandon T. Jackson), the police officer son of Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy), who takes down the criminal elements of the rich and famous in Beverly Hills while working to escape his famous father's shadow. Murphy will reprise his role as the wisecracking detective in the pilot and could recur should the project go to series.
Six-time Emmy nominee Lahti will play Helen, the captain of the Beverly Hills Police Department. She's described as wise, political, maternal, nostalgic and selfless as well as dignified and respected by her detectives.
She joins a cast that also includes The Office's David Denman, comic Kevin Pollak and Argo's Sheila Vand.
For Lahti, the casting comes after her starring role on CBS' Chicago Hope, which earned her an Emmy in 1998. She also starred in the network's 2011 drama pilot The Doctors. Repped by ICM Partners and Management 360, her credits also include Law & Order: SVU, Jack & Bobby and Running on Empty.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR