Chuck Lorre's Single Mom Comedy Lands Pilot Production Commitment at CBS
The prolific showrunner penned the script with "Two and a Half Men's" Eddie Gorodetsky and Gemma Baker.
Three months after inking a rich four-year deal with Warner Bros. Television, Chuck Lorre has made his first sale.
The prolific showrunner behind CBS' The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men and Mike & Molly has sold a half-hour multicamera comedy about a single mother to CBS, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Mom, which Lorre co-wrote with Two and a Half Men exec producer Eddie Gorodetsky and story editor Gemma Baker, revolves around a recently sober single mother as she attempts to get her life in order in Napa Valley.
The project continues Lorre's relationship with Gorodetsky, with whom he has worked on Dharma & Greg and all three of his current CBS series: Men, Big Bang and Mike & Molly.
Lorre and Gorodetsky will executive produce the Chuck Lorre Productions/Warner Bros. Television effort, with Baker on board to produce; the trio co-wrote the spec script, which has received a pilot production order.
The showrunner in September inked a rich four-year deal to remain at Warner Bros. Television that includes a cable and film component and potential to expand into dramatic series and potential longform projects for both broadcast and cable.
Lorre and Gorodetsky are repped by ICM Partners; Baker is with CAA.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)