Chuck Lorre's 'Mom' Pilot Casts Anna Faris' Son
Blake Garrett Rosenthal's TV credits include several episodes of "New Girl" and the ill-fated "Office" spinoff.
CBS is rounding out the cast of Chuck Lorre's Mom pilot.
The mutlicamera sitcom about a recently sober single mother, Christy, played by Anna Faris, has added an actor for role of her eight-year-old son. The Hollywood Reporter has learned Blake Garrett Rosenthal (New Girl) will play Roscoe. This follows the recent casting of Mom co-star Allison Janney, who will play Christy's mother, Bonnie.
Rosenthal's previous acting credits include three episodes of New Girl and NBC's would-be spinoff for The Office, The Farm. That effort is still scheduled to air as an episode of The Office later this season. Rosenthal has also appeared in Bridesmaids, Crazy Eyes and Saving Harmony.
Mom was among the first comedy pilots ordered by the network this season. It comes from Chuck Lorre Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, where Lorre (Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory) has an overall deal. Lorre is penning the pilot alongside frequent collaborators Eddie Gorodetsky and Gemma Baker. Lorre and Gorodetsky share executive producer credits, with Baker on as a producer.
Rosenthal is repped by Paradigm.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR