'Clear History' Trailer: Bearded Larry David Quits Job, Loses a Fortune (Video)
Jon Hamm, Kate Hudson and Michael Keaton also star in the HBO comedy, premiering Aug. 10.
Even down to the frantically goofy background music, the trailer for Larry David's HBO comedy Clear History appears to be taking cues from Curb Your Enthusiasm.
David plays an executive at a car company who gets into an argument with his boss (Mad Men's Jon Hamm) about a new electric car, ultimately deciding to sell back his shares and quit.
The electric vehicle, named the Howard, becomes a hit with consumers, and David loses out on the riches. Ten years later, the Lebowski-looking David is still trying to figure everything out.
The film is directed by Greg Mottola (Super Bad, Adventureland) and is co-written by David. The cast also includes Danny McBride, Eva Mendes, Kate Hudson, Bill Hader and Michael Keaton.
Clear History will debut on HBO on Aug. 10.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)