'The Closer' Final Season Opener Draws 7.2 Million Viewers
TNT's "Rizzoli & Isles" attracted 6.4 million to its second season premiere.
TNT's The Closer and Rizzoli and Isles returned Monday night. How did they do in the ratings?
The final season of The Closer, starring Emmy winner Kyra Sedgwick, opened to 7.2 million total viewers at 9 p.m., down from the sixth season premiere but matching the finale. Among the adult demographics, 1.8 million belonged in the ad-favored 18-49 and 2.4 million were in 25-54.
The Closer will conclude its run next year, but don't fret, spinoff Major Crimes with Mary McDonnell is set to debut after The Closer's series ender.
Sophomore drama Rizzoli & Isles, toplined by Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander, followed at 10 p.m., luring 6.4 million to its premiere, down more than 1 million from its series debut. The procedural drew 1.5 million in 18-49 and 2.1 million in 25-54. Additionally, TNT aired a sneak peek of upcoming series Dallas, which was ordered to series late last week.
TNT's freshman sci-fi drama Falling Skies, renewed for a second season, was the year's top cable launch, drawing 5.9 million viewers for its two-hour premiere earlier this summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR