CMT Renews 'Bayou Billionaires,' 'My Big Redneck Vacation'
The pair of unscripted series have become valuable properties to the cable network, delivering record-breaking ratings on Saturdays.
CMT has renewed its Saturday unscripted series Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation.
They have become the cable network's two highest-rated originals ever, averaging nearly 1 million total viewers each since their January bows.
“Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation with Tom Arnold have energized Saturday nights on CMT and become runaway hits for the network,” CMT exec vp programming and development Jayson Dinsmore said Thursday. “We’ve only begun to scratch the surface with both of these fantastic families and look forward to even more laughs next season from the bayou and beyond.”
Bayou Billionaires revolves around the Dowden family of Shreveport, La., who hit paydirt when the fourth-largest deposit of natural gas in the U.S. was found on their property.
Redneck, hosted by Arnold, follows the extended Clampet family as they experience the vacation of a lifetime in the Hamptons.
The series will air their freshman-season finales March 31, starting at 9 p.m. Both return for their second seasons in June.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed