CNN Taps George Stroumboulopoulos for 10-Episode Summer Series
The Canadian host will tape a weekly show in front of a live audience on Fridays beginning in early summer.
CNN has firmed up plans for another new program. The evolving cable news network said Tuesday that it has hired Canadian television host George Stroumboulopoulos for a 10-episode summer series.
Set for an early summer launch, the weekly show will air Fridays and tape in front of a live audience in Los Angeles. It will feature Stroumboulopoulos' interviews and his take on art, pop culture, politics, news, sports and celebrity.
“We’re really pleased to bring this special series to CNN,” said Amy Entelis, senior vp talent and content development at CNN Worldwide. “It is a good example of the expansion of the CNN strategy to bring new kinds of relevant and engaging programming to a broad audience."
Stroumboulopoulos hosts CBC’s award-winning George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight
“I feel really lucky to have been in broadcasting for 20 years up in Canada," said Stroumboulopoulos, "and I’m excited to now also bring our conversations with people making the biggest news in entertainment, politics, sports, and pop culture to a whole new audience."
His series will be produced by Sony Pictures Television's Embassy Row. It follows The Lead With Jake Tapper, the short-lived (Get to) The Point and the upcoming Chris Cuomo morning show as the latest launches under new CNN Worldwide president Jeff Zucker.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws