Stephen Colbert Sets One-Hour Special With Paul McCartney
This is the second supersized music special by Comedy Central's "The Colbert Report."
Stephen Colbert is expanding his Comedy Central program for Paul McCartney.
The Colbert Report — normally a half-hour program — will air a one-hour episode on Wednesday, June 12, from 11:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. ET/PT. The supersized episode will feature an interview with the Beatles member and songs currently performed on the singer's current Out There tour.
This marks McCartney's first musical appearance on the late-night satirical news program. McCartney first appeared on The Colbert Report back in January 2009 for the "Better Know a Beatle" segment.
“I think this McCartney kid’s got something special and I’m gonna put him on the map!” jokes Colbert.
This is the second time The Colbert Report has expanded its program to a full hour. The first hourlong special came in September 2011 when The Colbert Report spotlighted Radiohead.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR