'Colbert Report' to Return After Hiatus for Host's Mother's Death
The Comedy Central show has been in repeats since Thursday.
A new episode of The Colbert Report is scheduled to air tonight, marking its return from an unexpected hiatus because of Stephen Colbert's mother's death.
Repeats of the show have aired since Thursday. Colbert's mother died June 12 and, according to a tweet sent out by someone close to the show, Thursday's new episode was canceled at the last minute.
New episodes originally were scheduled for Monday and Tuesday nights but later replaced with repeats.
However, tonight's new episode, with guest The Postal Service, and tomorrow night's show, featuring Joss Whedon, are advertised in TV listings.
Colbert canceled shows in February 2012 to take care of his mother, who reportedly was ill.
When he returned, he offered a series of joking explanations for his absence before giving his mother a brief shout-out.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR