Coldplay's Talks 'Mylo Xyloto' on 'Colbert Report'
The band, whose new album goes on sale Oct. 24, stopped by the cable show to perform their new single "Paradise" Thursday.
Coldplay's fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto, drops Oct. 24. And in preparation for the big release, the band stopped by The Colbert Report to perform.
Frontman Chris Martin also sat down with host Stephen Colbert for a one-on-one interview, in which they discussed the band's seven Grammys, Martin's stealing Gwyneth Paltrow from America and his Radiohead influence.
When Colbert brought up the band's U2 rivalry, asking who would be the global band of the future, Martin cracked "The Jonas Brothers."
The Comedy Central host also asked about the band's obscure album title, to which the singer replied "We took it from the randomness of the universe," before joking that he was "17 percent high."
Watch the interview and performance below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game