Comedian Dustin Ybarra to Co-Star in Fox's 'Family and Friends'
UPDATED: He will star opposite Jason Ritter in the half-hour comedy based on the BBC's "Gavin & Stacey."
Stand-up comedian Dustin Ybarra has joined a Fox television comedy.
Ybarra will co-star on Friends and Family, the U.S. adaptation of the BBC's Gavin & Stacey, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The half-hour single-camera comedy picks up when two very different lovers meet and try to make a long-distance relationship work.
He will play Smithy, who is surprisingly confident for an untraditional-looking guy. Deeply crass but also sensitive and a romantic at heart, Smithy is Gavin's (Jason Ritter) roommate and friend, living with him in their New York City apartment.
David Rosen (I Just Want My Pants Back) will write and executive produce with Steve Coogan, Jane Tranter, Julie Gardner, James Corden, Ruth Jones and Henry Normal. Michael Patrick Jann is set to direct.
Sony Pictures Television, BBC Worldwide Productions and Baby Cow Productions are behind Friends and Family.
Ybarra is repped by CAA and ATA Management. His credits include 21 and Over, We Bought a Zoo, Hop and TV's Californication.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR