Don Rickles to Receive Johnny Carson Honors at 2012 Comedy Awards
Jon Stewart will present the award for comedic excellence to the funnyman at the April 28 kudofest, which will be broadcast on May 6 on Comedy Central.
The Comedy Awards will honor Don Rickles with an award of excellence at 2012 ceremony this month.
During its April 28 ceremony, Jon Stewart will present Rickles with the Comedy Awards' Johnny Carson Award for Comedic Excellence, which is presented annually to an individual who embodies his comedic spirit.
Rickles appeared more than 100 times during Carson's tenure with The Tonight Show, and credits the host for giving him his first big break and paving the way for other like-minded comics. He follows previous Carson Award honoree David Letterman, who received the prize last year.
"I've been blessed with many highlights in my career but guesting with Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show was particularly memorable for me as they were more than just appearances, they became events," Rickles said in a statement announcing the news Monday. "Carson was Mr. Magic. He always made me feel that my talent was something special. To receive an award bearing Johnny’s name means everything to me as he will go down in history as the greatest in his field."
The awards will be presented Saturday, April 28 in New York and taped for broadcast on Sunday, May 6 on Comedy Central.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR