Comedy Central Adds Pair of Sketch Series
Nick Kroll, Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele pick up for Norm Macdonald’s "Sports Show" and "Onion SportsDome"
Nick Kroll and the duo of Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele will be the faces of Comedy Central in 2012.
The cable network Tuesday picked up two new sketch-comedy series, The Nick Show Kroll with the Children’s Hospital and The League star; and an untitled series starring MadTV’s Key and Peele (Little Fockers).
Kroll’s series will see the funnyman transform himself into a variety of his well-known characters from sketches including The PubLIZity Girls, in which Kroll and Jenny Slate appear as publicists on the verge of a breakdown.
Kroll will write and executive produce the series with John Levenstein (Arrested Development) and Jonathan Krisel (Saturday Night Live, Portlandia), who also directs. John Daly (Happy Endings) will also appear on the series and serve as a supervisiong producer. Jim Sharp and Monika Zielinska will oversee for Comedy Central.
The untitled Key and Peele project is set up as a two-man sketch series and see the duo banter about various subjects in between filmed shorts and sketches. Key, Peele, Ian Roberts and Jay Martel executive produce, with Gary Mann and Zielinska overseeing for Comedy Central.
The pickups come a week after Comedy Central canceled Sports Show With Norm Macdonald and Onion SportsDome, which both averaged about a million viewers.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)