Comedy Central Renews 'Tosh.0' for 30-Episode Fifth Season
The cable network's viral video talker, its most-watched series, gets another run in January after the rest of its fourth airs this fall.
In a move that should surprise no one, Comedy Central has ordered another season of Daniel Tosh's successful Tosh.0.
The super-sized 30-episode run, the fifth since the series' premiered in 2009, will debut in January 2013.
"Despite the fact that Tosh.0 has more viewers than any other show on our network, and that Daniel has totally catalyzed his fans online, we still convinced ourselves to pick up the show for another season," said Comedy Central head of original programming and production Kent Alterman.
The fourth season of Tosh.0 premiered to 3.1 million viewers, giving record hauls in the network's coveted male demos with a 4.1 rating for men 18-34 and 4.6 rating for the younger 18-24.
Tosh offered up a non sequitur in response to the renewal: "It's hard for me to get excited about anything when the Miami Dolphins look so terrible."
The series, currently on a break, returns for the fall portion of its fourth season on Tuesday, Sept. 25.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR