Comedy Central Schedules Pair of Osama bin Laden 'South Park' Episodes
Network switches to repeats featuring the terrorist leader's death.
Comedy Central will air a pair of Osama bin Laden-themed episodes of South Park leading in to the second installment in the animated series' 15th season on Wednesday night.
The network originally planned to air South Park repeats for the hour but changed them to "Osama bin Laden Has Farty Pants" and "It's a Jersey Thing" at 9 and 9:30 p.m., respectively, in the wake of news of the terrorist leader's murder.
Originally airing on Nov. 7, 2001, just two months after attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon, the "Farty Pants" episode was the show's first to air after 9/11 and was highly patriotic; it earned an Emmy nomination for outstanding animated program.
The "Jersey" episode initially ran Oct. 13, 2010, and features an ironic ending in which bin Laden is shot in the head by a U.S. soldier.
Neither of the episodes were the controversial installments that mocked Muslim prophet Muhammad.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR