Comic-Con 2011: Discovery Channel Pushing Shark Week (Exclusive)
Street teams will distribute huge swag bags ahead of the July 31 kickoff to its annual event.
While the Discovery Channel may not have a booth at this month’s Comic-Con in San Diego, the cable network will have street teams distributing tens of thousands of swag bags promoting its annual Shark Week.
The bags, large enough to hold posters and the massive amounts of swag available at the four-day convention.
In addition to the Shark Week totes, Discovery will distribute promos for Penn & Teller Tell a Lie, Reign of the Dinosaurs and MythBusters.
Shark Week, now in its 24th week, will kick off July 31 and be hosted by Saturday Night Live’s Andy Samberg. Programming includes Great White Invasion, Shark City and Jaws Comes Home, among numerous other specials during the weeklong programming event.
THR's Comic-Con 2011 Coverage
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR