Comic-Con 2012: 'Once Upon a Time' to Introduce Captain Hook in Season 2 (Video)
Executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis, along with the key cast members, dished about the upcoming year; plus, the first preview for the season debuts.
Once Upon a Time kicked it up a notch on Saturday morning at Comic-Con with a refreshingly entertaining panel, filled with teases and an appearance of an old favorite.
Never one to deny the fans the scoop, a short video featuring title cards from season one as well as three new ones confirming new characters that will be dropping by the ABC fantasy drama in season two (Sleeping Beauty, to be played by Sarah Bolger; Jack and the Beanstalk; and Mulan, to be played by Jamie Chung) got the crowd going.
That wasn't all. Executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis introduced a "commercial" written by Jane Espenson for the dating service, Singlebrooke, and among one of the characters interviewed was the dearly departed Sheriff Graham/Huntsman (Jamie Dornan).
The first preview of the new season was also shown to the Ballroom 20 audience, which confirmed that Captain Hook will indeed by dropping by Storybrooke. (Watch the full promo below.)
Though production begins Monday, Ginnifer Goodwin revealed that the viewers needn't worry about where the story is going. "I never could have conceived of the brilliance that is the first couple of scripts," she says. "As an audience member, it's exactly what I would want to see or ever hope for."
Here are six other teases of the new season from the cast and producers, including the identity of Henry's (Jared Gilmore) father:
Henry's Father Will Be Revealed: "It might be Sneezy," Kitsis joked. "In season two, you will find out the identity of Henry's father." That is a development that Jennifer Morrison, who plays Emma, already has knowledge of. "I know [who he is]," she revealed. "I think people will be very excited once they see it play out. ... Obviously Emma knows who it is, I hope. [Laughs] It was something I needed to know for the back story [in order to play it out]."
Are the Worlds Melding Together?: The producers were coy (of course), but Kitisis offered this: "There was some bleed-through as if the two worlds were touching [in season one. That is something we will explore."
More of the Same: For the showrunners, it was important to keep the DNA of Once Upon a Time intact for season two. "The show this year is not going to change from the show you loved last year," Kitsis says. "We're still going to go back and forth and we're going to meet new people along the way."
Another Lost Reunion?: Emilie De Ravin revealed that she would love to play with Terry O'Quinn on Once Upon a Time, "even though he's busy on 666 Park [Avenue]," she says.
Other Fairy Tale Characters Paying a Visit: The producers were asked whether they would feature the following characters and this is what Kitsis and Horowitz answered.
- Little Mermaid: "I'd like to see it."
- Aladdin: "Someday."
- Winnie the Pooh: [Laughter]
- Goofy: "I think Goofy is probably going to be Henry's father so ... Emma did say she had a past ..."
Rumplestiltskin's Son Will Be a Factor: "What happened to Bay is definitely one of the dangling threads of the season and we would be [really sad] if I had to wait more than a season to find out [what happened]," Kitsis teased.
Once Upon a Time returns this fall.
Watch the promo below:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!