Comic-Con: Amy Acker Upped to Series Regular on 'Person of Interest'
The "Much Ado About Nothing" actress, recurring since the first season, will play a bigger role in the upcoming third season of Jonathan Nolan's drama.
SAN DIEGO -- Amy Acker is sticking around on Person of Interest.
The actress, who has been a recurring player since the first season, has been upped to series regular on the CBS drama. News of the promotion came during the series' packed Comic-Con panel on Saturday afternoon.
Acker offered one of Person of Interest's bigger twists in her introduction, when she was revealed to be "Root," the faceless hacker introduced at the beginning of the series. She's previously had starring TV roles on Dollhouse, Angel and Happy Town. She most recently can be seen in frequent collaborator Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing as Beatrice.
Her first episode as a full-time cast member will be the Sept. 24 season premiere, when the show heads to a new hour on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Relive The Most Memorable Musical Episodes That TV Has To Offer
- Jason Bateman Was Glad To Direct 'Bad Words' Because It's 'A Little More Challenging To Watch'
- Colbert Now Intrigued By Colorado Pot Industry Because Capitalism Trumps Having Morals
- Three Grandmas Read The Lyrics To Beyonce's 'Drunk In Love' And Can Barely Handle It