'Community' Brings Back 'Daily Show's' John Oliver for Season 5 (Exclusive)
He'll reprise his role as Professor Ian Duncan in a multi-episode role on the NBC comedy.
NBC's Community is bringing back a familiar face.
The Daily Show correspondent John Oliver will return to Greendale Community College for a multi-episode arc, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Oliver, who recently completed an eight-week gig filling in for Jon Stewart as host of Comedy Central's late-night staple, will reprise his role as Professor Ian Duncan and appear in at least six episodes of the Dan Harmon comedy.
The writer-actor-comedian first played the psychology professor in the pilot and recurred during the first two seasons of the cult comedy.
Oliver joins Justified's Walton Goggins, Breaking Bad's Jonathan Banks and Childrens Hospital's Rob Corddry with roles in Community's fifth season, which also marks the return of creator-showrunner Harmon and executive producer Chris McKenna.
While a return date for Community's fifth season has not been determined yet, the Joel McHale-starrer will begin its syndicated run in more than 200 markets on broadcast beginning Sept. 16 and air Friday nights on Comedy Central beginning Sept. 20.
Oliver is repped by WME and Avalon Management.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws